SWEET

Before sharing my layout today, I want to share with you some exciting news. I think in February I may have been on fire with my scrapbooking.  I was pumping those pages out, in the end, hard work pays off.  First, I was selected as Top 3 over at Lasting Memories. YAY! So happy and grateful. I was also the random winner for two challenges, Challenge YOUrself and Scrap with Stacy.  YAY! More goodies to play with and techniques to try. 

Today's layout is a page of my two buddies and me. Love hanging out with them, lots of laugh and enjoyable moments. 

This layout is based on the sketch over at Lasting Memories. 


I had made paper kits last week with my stash and this was what was in my kit so I stuck to it. I had no idea what I was going to do at first but as I looked at my papers in the kit. I saw this paper with the squares and rectangles and it reminded me of the sketch.   The paper had some distressed look on it so, I went with that.  I never anticipated that my page would have the antique or distressed look when I started.  It's just strange how the layout starts out and where it ends up.  So this is my interpretation of the sketch.

I usually have a question for my visitors, please help me by posting a comment below:

QUESTION: Do you have a particular scrapbook style you stick to?  Do you use mixed media or do you stick to traditional scrapbooking.  Are there names for the different styles? I'm fairly new at the scrapbooking so want to learn more from other scrapbookers.  I feel like I am all over the place when I scrapbook.  LOL. 

Thanks for stopping by!  


I am entering this layout to the following Challenges:

Lasting Memories - Challenge #537

Comments

  1. Love your take on the sketch, and the ice cream cone is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout, Nancy! Such a fun take on the sketch and it sounds like you had a great scrappy month in February! Congrats! As for your question - I generally stick to clean and simple layouts and I tend to stay away from mixed media - I love it on other people's layouts - just not that great at it myself! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lasting Memories! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is adorable. To answer your question: I'm kind of all over the place. I'm a sucker for a great sketc and have been turning to those lately so it definately has influnced my style but I also have started trying mixed media a bit more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am Nancy

Moments

Magical Moments